NEW AS/NZS 1252 STANDARDS FOR BOLTS, NUTS & WASHERS
The old Standard AS/NZS 1252:1996 - High strength steel bolts with associated nuts and washers for structural engineering, has been replaced by two new Standards:
- AS/NZS 1252.1:2016 - High-strength steel fastener assemblies for structural engineering - Bolts, nuts and washers - Technical requirements
- AS/NZS 1252.2:2016 - High-strength steel fastener assemblies for structural engineering - Bolts, nuts and washers - Verification testing for bolt assemblies
AS/NZS 1252.1 gives dimensional, material and marking requirements for steel bolt assemblies consisting of steel bolts to property class 8.8, steel nuts to property class 8 with ISO metric coarse pitch series threads, in diameters 12 mm to 36 mm, plus associated hardened and tempered steel washers intended for use in steel structures.
AS/NZS 1252.2 Sets out provisions for verification testing of high-strength steel fastener assemblies for structural engineering. This is the testing undertaken by the supplier who first puts the product onto the market in New Zealand or Australia.
Masterspec have updated:
- Structural steel sections
- Steel purlin and girt sections
- Chemical anchoring sections
Generally these updates have related to Standard references plus more on Property Classes. The section 3419 STRUCTURAL STEEL QUALITY CONTROL has in addition had expanded requirements for confirmation of compliance for structural steel and bolt assemblies.